Sunday, May 15, 2011

Poster Art

Recently I've had this next poster by Tim Doyle of a bicyclist in Vietnam (see his art here) on my desktop background and it has had me thinking of how I love poster art. Though Toronto has fallen behind due to strict city laws, Montreal reins strong with beautiful posters, especially for music shows. The following are a few of my favourites.


Jack Dylan is also a fairly well known poster artist who also does editorial illustrations all over the place but lives in Montreal (see his art here). Appropriately, I found this next poster on the Pop Montreal website (check them out here).


And, of course, the Polaris Music Prize (see them here) has come to have a reputation for beautiful posters for its short list of nominees. Here are some of my favourites, over the years.






No comments: