Saturday, April 16, 2011

Guelph Hillside Festival

I have been a volunteer at Hillside for longer than I can remember. Even before I was a legitimate volunteer, I would tag along with my dad for his volunteer shifts. On the Hillside survey, I most certainly check the option "I plan my summer around Hillside." So, needless to say, it's really worth it!

I'm posting about this early because it's volunteer recruitment right now, and if there's any way that you can make it, it's really worth the deal. You get a campsite right on the island, food from the hospitality tent and admission to the whole music festival for far less than the cost of the average concert.

Nothing like getting out of the city to this peninsula on Guelph Lake, to sit by the water, surrounded by music. When it's hot, you can just jump in! Rain or shine, they say, and last year was a little more on the rainy side. Although I have no regrets about walking around without shoes in puddles, my feet had never felt so softened and pumiced naturally, sans stone...


What started as more of a folk festival, has now expanded to all genres of music, spread over four music tents and a drum area. There are also a wide variety of workshops, craft tents, merchandise tents, food vendors and more.

What started as something for our parents when they were our age, has now become something across generations. Volunteers come in all ages, shapes, sizes, and abilities. It's a great way to meet new people from all walks of life.

Hope to see you there!

To sign up to be a volunteer, check it out here:
http://www.hillsidefestival.ca/#/volunteers/how_to_apply4

No comments: