Monday, April 11, 2011

Dwight Baird

On a warm and sunny day a few summers ago, I was walking up Av., St. Laurent in Montreal, when I passed an art gallery that was closed. In the window, was this large, lovely painting with bright and vivid colours. I could not resist grabbing the postcard for my collection.


Unfortunately, I never had the chance to see the exhibit while it was open, but to this day I think from time to time of his brightly coloured paintings, which remind me of hot summer days.


His selection of paintings of Cuba are really beautiful, and I really like the way he seems to capture people in their daily lives.I especially like the windows with laundry hanging. I also have a particular fondness for boats.


To see more of his paintings: Cuba, Si! by Dwight Baird

1 comment:

dwight baird said...

Hey, I have never sen this before. Thanks a lot for writing about my work and I am sorry you never made it to the show...Have a great day....dwight baird